This is one of my most popular recipes with my Paleo and Keto clients.
GF Baked Mexican Lime Chicken Thighs
These baked Gluten-Free Lime-Marinated Mexican Chicken Thighs are crispy and deliciously tangy. They are so easy to make and so addictive that they'll be your go-to again and again, especially during those busy weeks! This is one of most requested recipes by my clients and for good reasons! They are a crowd-pleaser and best of all, people with gluten sensitivities and a dairy allergy can savor these without the feeling like they are missing out!
Servings: 4 servings
- Large mixing bowls
- Heavy-duty half sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- 2 lb chicken thighs with skin-on, bone-out I usually buy them skin-on and bone-in and remove the bones.
- 1/3 cup lime juice from about 1 large or 2 medium limes
- 1/8 tsp paprika sweet or spicy
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp salt
- Remove the bones from chicken thighs, leave the skin on. Don't even think of removing the skin! A lot of the flavor comes and all of the crispy goodness come from the skin. You can freeze the bones and make chicken bone broth.
- Cut the chicken thighs in half.
- Pound the chicken thighs to even out the thickness.
- Heat your oven to 450F (or 230C).
- Add the thighs to the lime juice and transfer to a large container with a top or a large Ziploc. Leave to marinate at least 12 hrs but overnight is better. The thighs will not taste the same if you marinate for less.
- Put the thighs in a colander and leave them to drain for a few minutes.
- While waiting, mix the arrowroot starch and paprika in a large bowl.
- Pad the thighs dry. Lightly dust them with the arrowroot starch and place them on the parchment-lined half-sheet pan making sure to leave some space in between the pieces.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 25-35 mins. You'll know it's ready when the skin is crispy and slightly golden.
- Serve immediately. We love these sliced in a GF cassava tortilla or flour tortilla topped with guacamole, spicy pico de gallo and sour cream!